20 years of experience in LASERs and EBDs (Energy Based Devices)
With specialised knowledge and extensive experience in the field of LASER Dermatology, Dr Tzermias has been offering dermatological treatments and application for over 20 years in Greece similar to those offered in dermatology centres abroad, using state-of-the-art dermatological equipment and technologies with proven results. The combination of advanced dermatological LASERs and modern treatment methods is the perfect treatment method for various skin conditions and diseases, as it combines the advantages of the invasive treatment with the safety of non-invasive treatment. Leading dermatologic services are offered in modern clinics staffed with highly trained personnel and operating according to international quality standards. Therefore, it is logical that they are considered the best Dermatology Clinics in Athens and throughout Greece.
Dr. Tzermias graduated from the Medical School of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in 1987, and finished his residency training in Dermatology at the University of Ioannina. He specialised in Invasive Dermatology as a scholar of the British Council in the University of Oxford, UK, as well as various invasive dermatology training centres in the USA (New York & San Diego). Immediately after that, he played a leading part in the application of advanced Laser technology in Greece. He was the Director of Laser Dermatology Department at the Medical Centre of Athens for 18 years.
Today, he has two dermatology clinics, one in Athens and another in Marousi. IQ – Intensive Quality Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery Clinics are pioneering clinics in Greece with high expertise and state-of-the-art equipment, according to world-leading modern dermatological services and applications. Advanced technology together with specialised medical expertise and extensive experience constitute the most effective approach in the fields of Therapeutic, Cosmetic and LASER Interventional Dermatology. All treatments are applied in modern medical treatment rooms, according to international quality standards, with medical equipment approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Dr Tzermias’ work has been published in peer-reviewed international and Greek journals, while he has presented his work at both International and Greek conferences. He is a fellow of the American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery (FASLMS), as well as a member of many scientific societies including the European Academy of Dermatology & Venereology (EADV) and the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), while he is also one of the founding members of the European Society for Laser Dermatology (ESLD). In the last Elections of the Athens Medical Association he was elected as a member of the Disciplinary Council of the Medical Association of Athens.
“Who is Who”
- FULL NAME: Christofer Tzermias
- SPECIALTY: Dermatologist – Venereologist
- SPECIALISATION: Laser & Invasive Dermatology
Medical School: Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Specialty: University Dermatology Clinic – Regional University Hospital of Ioannina
PhD Thesis: Study of permeability mechanisms of the skin
- Laser invasive dermatology
- Oxford University Clinic
- Lister Hospital, London
- Invasive Dermatology Training Centres in New York and San Diego
Scientific Titles and Activity
- Ex-Secretary treasurer of European Society for Laser Dermatology
- Editorial member of Journal of Cutaneous Laser Therapy
- National Coordinator of European Society for Laser Dermatology
- Fellow of American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Member of American Academy Dermatology
- Member of the Hellenic Society of Dermatology and Venereology
- Ex-Vice president of the Professional Association of Greek Dermatologists and Venereologist
- Manager of the Department for Laser Dermatology at the Athens Medical Centre from 1996 to 2014
- In the Elections of the Athens Medical Association conducted in 2014 he was elected as a member of the Disciplinary Council of the Medical Association of Athens.
- Invited speaker in 25 International Conferences
- Invited speaker in 32 Greek Conferences
- 12 in International bibliography
- 11 in Greek bibliography
- Media often ask Dr Christofer Tzermias’ opinion on dermatological and cosmetic medicine issues.